Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Welcome to the Holiday Season

With Thanksgiving less than a month away and Christmas less than two months away all I can say is Welcome to the Holiday season. All the stores have their Christmas displays out and have launched their Holiday ad campaigns. The last year has been one long roller coaster ride for us but I am excited about this Holiday season. For obvious reasons I was quite the bah humbug last year and couldn't seem to get into the Holiday spirit. While I tried to make the best of it for my children's sake it just wasn't the same. This year with my renewed sense of the Christmas spirit I am ready to take on the challenge of decorating the house, baking goodies for friends, family, and neighbors, traipsing through stores (most likely at the last minute) trying to find the perfect gift, and most importantly sharing the true meaning of the holiday with the ones I love.
To me the best part about the Holidays is passing on old traditions while establishing new traditions with my children. Some traditions we have established with our children is picking out and cutting down our own tree and making goodies with my sisters. Some of our old traditions include black Friday shopping early early early in the morning, and new pajamas on Christmas Eve. What are some of your favorite Holiday traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment