Thursday, January 6, 2011

Letters to Hudson



We first watched Letters to God this summer and liked it so much that we decided to buy it. For those of you who haven't seen it, I reccommend watching it. It is about a little boy with cancer who writes letters to God and puts them in the mail. He encourages those around him to do the same. I can't count how many times Emmaleigh has watched this movie but it has obviously touched her in some way.
Emmaleigh has never really said a whole lot about Hudson, so imagine my surprise when she asked if she could color a picture for him. (which ended up being 3 pictures) She told me she wanted to send them to him in heaven. I asked her how she was going to send them and at first she said she would just go put them on his grave. After thinking about it she says "no, I will put it in the mail box and send it to him like in that movie" I didn't have any envelopes but that didn't matter, she made one herself and then asked me how to write the "address" on it.
The innocence of a child will never cease to amaze me. If only life were as simple as a child perceives it to be.
MY LETTER TO HEAVEN

I would like to send a letter to heaven
and address it to the one I love.
My child has left this world,
to be with the Lord above.

I would tell her that I love her,
and that I miss her loving touch.
I would say we’re lost without her
and we miss her - - oh so much.

I would ask if she could visit,
if we promised not to cry.
Maybe one more time to see her
We forgot to say "Good-bye."

We will try to control our emotions
we truly feel we could.
So please - - we need a visit.
We promise we'll be good.

It is so hard, we miss her.
Oh Lord, this feeling is the worst.
We know you gave her to us,
yes, we know you had her first.

But you called her prematurely,
I'm sorry I question your will.
I know you have your reasons
but Lord - - I miss her still.

If you'd only make an exception
please consider what we plea.
It is so hard accepting that our daughter
- - We will never see.

Oh baby I write you this letter
with all the love there is to be had.
Because it's just not me who's hurting
there's your brother and your dad.

We need so much to see you,
then we'll try to let you rest.
But if not in this world, baby,
then we'll see you in the next.

So I’m sending a letter to heaven,
and pray you hear my plea.
But if the answer is not what I’m asking --
Lord come and rescue me!
(Paula Osipovitch)

No comments:

Post a Comment