Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year, A New Beginning!



Yesterday was my birthday, and I had a wonderful evening with my mom and dad. They came over for dinner and we played cards and board games with the kids. The girls gave me some laughs yesterday and Addy even seemed excited that I was “old”. Now that I am one year closer and one year away from being thirty, it doesn’t seem as old as it once did. (like when I was 18). I didn’t ask for anything for my birthday this year because the one thing I really wanted, I knew I couldn’t have (at least not right now, but one of these days!), but as I was leaving my house yesterday morning, there was a beautiful rainbow over our small town. It was rather fitting to see a rainbow on New Year’s Eve, as it symbolizes a new beginning. It was like my little boy was telling me that everything would be ok. 2010 provided us with a lot of heartbreak but also a lot to be thankful for. If it weren’t for our family and friends that surrounded us during the difficult times it would have been a lot more difficult to make it through.
As we are making our New Year’s resolutions ( diet, exercise, etc), I challenge everyone to remember what really matters in life. Hold on to those you love and put your trust in God. I am praying for strength, comfort, and peace as we head into the New Year and can’t wait to find out what God has in store for us in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment