Sunday, January 2, 2011

Old TIme Christmas

We had Christmas with my dad's side of the family this afternoon and it was the closest we have had to the Christmas's we used to have before my grandparents passed away. When it was time to open gifts all the kids sat on the floor around the tree, waiting somewhat patiently, while my dad passed out the gifts just like my grandpa used to. Afterward the kids went off to play with their new toys while the adults played cards. (it was nice to be on the adult side of the table this time). Thank you everyone who came, it was great, and if you weren't able to come, we missed you! Even though we were celebrating Christmas it was a great way to start off the new year. Before the last of our company was out the door, we began to take down the tree. I was sad to take it down as I am every year but it was definately time. I have already been looking around at clearance items to start my shopping for next year.
We finally got everything moved (the garage is packed full now) and have began putting it all away. I have determined that we had way too much stuff and am now trying weed things out. Unfortunately my camera is broken or I would add some photos of the new house. I am hoping to find my warranty papers so I can get it fixed (not so easy to do when you are in the middle of moving)
Christmas break is almost over for the girls. Emmaleigh starts at her new school on tuesday and she still seems to be excited. It will take a little longer to get Addy started at her new school because we still have to finalize the plans and have a case conference. I am hoping that it will be a smooth transition for her and that she will thrive at her new school.

No comments:

Post a Comment