Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Letting Go

Yesterday brought a new set of emotions. Ones I have never experienced before and I'm not even sure if I can fully explain their intensity. I first felt a wave of comfort and peace and then an overwhelming sense of sadness sunk in. I was experiencing both feelings at the same time but they weren't competing with each other...I just felt them equally and together.
It didn't take me long to realize what was happening. I had finally allowed myself to let go and feel something,and even if it was sadness, I was comfortable with it. Now that I have felt it, the overwhelming sense will eventually become a dull lingering sense of sadness. It was like a weight was lifted off my chest and I could breathe again.
I can only move forward from here and I am excited to see what God has in store for my family and myself in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment