Thursday, December 16, 2010

Friendly Neighbors and Another Snow Day?

Last night as I was unpacking boxes, the doorbell rang. I wasn't expecting anyone and when I looked outside there were no vehicles in the driveway. At first I though I was just hearing things or thought maybe it was just on tv but I opened the door and there stood a man and a woman who introduced themselves and said they lived across the street. In their hands was a plate full of chirstmas goodies. I was pleasantly surprised as I thought noone did this anymore. We were sure to wish them a Merry Christmas as they began to head back home. I think this weekend the kids and I will make some Christmas goodies to take to the neighbors and the mailman.
When the alarm went off this morning I immediately turned on the tv to see if there was a two hour delay as we had gotten more snow last night. Sure enough there was. I happily went back to bed and reset the alarm for eight o'clock. The kids awoke just a few minutes before the alarm went off and we got up and had some breakfast. I again turned the tv on and still a two hour delay. I started to get the girls dressed and walked back into the living room to see that school had been cancelled. I told the girls they didn't have to be in a hurry to get ready because we weren't going anywhere. Emmaleigh began crying because that meant that they wouldnt have their Christmas program.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. Mimi. Does that mean they won't have it at all? Boo. :(

    I love that they brought you cookies! When I first moved in to this apartment, my neighbors came over to welcome us. California is notoriously friendly. Like, it's the people equivalent to a happy dog, I swear. It always catches me off guard, too.

    ReplyDelete